The Publications & Sales Department
The Institute’s activities towards the dissemination of knowledge are supported by its publications and the Institute has a very active and productive Publication Department. The department maintains a very wellequipped book store, and also participates in the Kolkata Book Fair every year.
THE BULLETIN OF THE RAMAKRISHNA MISSION INSTITUTE OF CULTURE
The Institute publishes a monthly journal, “Bulletin of the Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture”, with contributions from eminent scholars from India and abroad. Carrying thought-provoking articles on intercultural understanding, national integration, and the spiritual unity of mankind, the bulletin is subscribed by most of the leading universities and institutional libraries in India and a large number of such libraries abroad.
The popularity of the Bulletin in academic circlesis steadily rising. Its current circulation stands at 4200 copies per month.
MULTI-VOLUME REFERENCE WORKS
The publications department has published a number of prestigious multivolume reference works. Some of these are listed below:
The Cultural Heritage of India
Volume I: The Early Phases, edited by Suniti Kumar Chatterji and others
- Volume II: Itihasas, Puranas, Dharma and Other Sastras, edited by S K De, A D Pusalkar and others
- Volume III: The Philosophies, edited by Haridas Bhattacharya
- Volume IV: The Religions, edited by Haridas Bhattacharya
- Volume V: Languages and Literatures, edited by Suniti Kumar Chatterji
- Volume VI: Science and Technology, edited by P R Ray and S N Sen
- Volume VII: The Arts (in two parts), edited by KapilaVatsyayan
- Volume VIII: The Making of Modern India (1765 – 1947), edited by Sukumar Bhattacharya and Uma Das Gupta
History of Science in India
- History of Science in India: An Introduction
- Volume I, Part I: Physics, Mathematics and Statistics
- Volume I, Part II: Astronomy
- Volume II: Medicine and Pharmacology
- Volume III: Chemical Science
- Volume IV, Part I: Plant Science
- Volume IV, Part II: Animal Science
- Volume V: Agricultural Science
- Volume VI: Earth Science
- Volume VII: Engineering Science
- Volume VIII: Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology
Swami Vivekananda in Contemporary Indian News
Volumes One and Two are published, volume Three is in progress. All volumes are edited by Sankari Prasad Basu.
A Concordance to Swami Vivekananda
Volume I: A – H, edited by Swami Lokeswarananda
Volume II: I – M, edited by Swami Prabhananda
Volume III: N – Z, edited by Swami Prabhananda
SCHOLARLY BOOKS, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS AND SEMINAR PAPERS
The Publications Department also publishes a good number of books on Indian philosophy, Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, and the Ramakrishna Movement in English, Bengali, and Hindi. It also facilitates the publication of conference proceedings, seminar papers, and research studies originating from other departments of the Institute.